20 August 2010

Day Two with the Treks

So, I got to wear the Treks out and about a bit today, making a run out to do some errands.  While they certainly feel different than the standard KSOs, I still like them a lot.  They transmit much less tactile information, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing considering that sometimes you want more protection and these won't get your feet wet as easily when you walk through puddles.

As you can see to the right, the tread on the Treks is much more aggressive, which I think I would prefer on rougher trails or in situations where I might be walking over grating,  such as in the city (Indianapolis has a surprising amount of grating and rough pavement, go figure).  I think I would still prefer the KSOs on asphalt, grass or on crushed limestone, however.

Another thing which has come to my attention is that it is now quite easy to get these on and off.  The leather seems to have stretched a bit and the added rigidity of the soles allows for easier entry and exit from the shoe.  They still do feel a bit more glove-like though, which I think has more to do with the material.

I also noticed that there is a small tag which is attached to the insole just under the heel.  While walking around this wasn't uncomfortable, but it was noticeable.

The overall construction of the shoe seems well done, although I did notice some stray dangly threads and there was a touch of extra adhesive here and there, but nothing that seems to impact the performance or the aesthetics of the shoe.

I do have some concerns around the funk factor with these, so I might try out some of the Injinji socks with them, still haven't decided on that front yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment