26 August 2010

Cry, "ExactTarget!", and let slip the platform evangelist...

So, for the past month or so, I have been starting my new position with a company called ExactTarget, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.  My title is, "Platform Evangelist", which tends to raise a lot of eyebrows, but it is a fantastic opportunity and I am pretty amped about the company and the position.

As a part of the on-boarding process, one of the things new-hires do is send out an email to the entire organization to introduce themselves.  As a part of mine, I included this little video to explain my role:

Andrew's Introduction

Just to explain a couple of the inside jokes, the company mantra is, "Be Orange", in reference to the company culture.  At the end, when the character asks for a "Hug", it is in reference to the fact that we call the workstations at HQ, "Hugs".

With regards to, "Being Orange", I must admit that I found it interesting how much they pushed this concept during new-hire training.  In most organizations, they talk about core values and company culture, but I think I actually found the company that not only believes in it, but lives it.  It is rather incredible the energy and the willingness to help that is evident throughout the entire company, and quite refreshing.

This might explain why so few people leave the organization...

Anyway, I am going to be speaking a lot to the power of the platform for developers and partners, as well as to the future direction of the platform.  So, this should be right up my alley.  I am really hoping it goes how I anticipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment