07 May 2010

Burn in Hell Mall Pretzel Pusher!

My six year old daughter is having a friend spend the night tonight, so I thought it would be nice to make them a fresh treat to snack on.  For some odd reason, I decided on soft pretzels.  I think my desire to make them stemmed from reading the ingredients on a package of higher-end hard pretzel snacks and realizing that I could probably make them pretty easily, and with fewer chemicals.

So, my search began for a recipe.  I looked in the usual places, but finally settled on the one from Food Network's Alton Brown, from the show, "Good Eats".  Say what you want about him, but the dude knows his food and how to cook it.  In fact, he is the one that taught me the optimal way to make over-easy eggs.

Anyway, I digress.  I used a whole grain, unbleached flour, instead of all-purpose flour, in these.  They were rediculously easy to make and they are quite tasty.  So, if you have a hankering for a big, tasty soft pretzel that will totally blow away anything you can get at a mall or in your grocer's freezer, give these a try...

Alton Browns Soft Pretzels

I will, more than likely, put this in the new recipe format and post an update.  If you are curious, the picture on the left is of my final results.

No comments:

Post a Comment