09 May 2010

Day of Indulgence

So, I gave in today and just ate whatever we decided wanted to have.  I think this is a good thing to do occasionally as everything is okay in moderation (well, not EVERYTHING, but food-wise, you are pretty safe).  So, as it was Mother's Day (insert Hallmark holiday rant here) I decided to make Eggs Benedict for breakfast, which have no redeeming health qualities that I can think of, and we have big juicy steaks on the grill for dinner.  All-in-all, a delicious, if not extremely healthy day.

However, I didn't go over my daily caloric intake budget, but even if I did, I would be okay with it as I think you have to let yourself indulge occasionally.  Putting yourself on bread and water alone will only make you desire something different all that much more.

So, that is what we did today.  We ate great food, had some drinks, and enjoyed the day.  No guilt in that, and I recommend it for all of you on a somewhat regular basis.

Tomorrow should be interesting too...  I will be staying in the city with some coworkers for a trade show, we have a ball game to go to tomorrow, and I seriously doubt healthy choices will be on the menu.  I will try though.

Good night, and good chow to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment