15 August 2010

Insert witty title about the failure of my Fivefingers here...

I am a total fanboy of my Vibram Fivefingers.  I admit this about myself.  I tell everyone who asks that they are very comfortable, totally awesome, and one of the best footwear investments I have ever made...
worn spots behind 3rd toe...

However, now I am depressed.

After somewhere around 250 miles in them, my wife noticed a spot where one shoe was worn through.  It was an unusual spot, between the ball of the foot and the toes, not where I would expect them to wear out, but they did.  We decided to check the other one.

Oh, the horror!

Almost exactly the same spot!

I am so depressed.

I still love these shoes, so we will try to repair them with some "Shoe Goo", but I am not hopeful.  I am also planning on ordering a pair of KSO Treks, which have a more rugged sole than the normal KSOs.  However, I am also probably going to get another pair of KSOs as well as I really like the feel of these.

I will now go off and be sad for my shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment